Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We finished the paperwork, again....

I finished the paperwork for updating our homestudy and mailed it off yesterday. I did get the taxes printed off, thankfully, and was able to get them sent off. Now we have to get our yellow fever shots and our Liberian passports so we can travel. The shots are needed to get back into the USA not to enter Liberia.

We are in a group of families waiting to hear about the finalization of 15 kids. These kids' paperwork is with a Liberian judge who is sitting on the cases. The last I heard from Rachel at AOH was that they should be finalized any day. Yesterday another family in the same boat spoke with Rachel and was told that five kids' had their adoption finalized. I haven't heard who the fortunate families are but I'll post when I know more.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi there! I am just trying to get the word out to other families who adopted (or are adopting) from Liberia, that the Charity of the Month for March is a family adopting a little boy named William from Liberia, and who already adopted a little girl named Naomi. I am stylizing blogs for $20 to raise money to go on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic, and $5 of every blog stylized in March will go to their adoption. Thanks so much!
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com