Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Any photographers out there?

I need a new camera! I've been shopping since February when I went to see my granddaughters in WI. I diligently took a bunch of cute pictures for my family since I went alone. When I got back I found out that all my action photos of the girls were blurs. For the people that know me, half the time I forget to bring the camera, let alone actually use it! Now, I was snapping photos to actually post here about our friendly spiders and hornworms that ate my tomato plants and the shutter won't open!!! So, if anyone has some good recommendations for a moderately priced camera (less than $300) since we still have adoption expenses for traveling coming, please leave a comment for me.

Here are my attempts to bring our Florida insects to your attention.

This is a spider making its web under our eaves. Cute, huh?





This is the one of two hornworms that ate the top off of my BEST tomato plant.

One year we had over 36 tomato plants in our garden in WI. I am struggling to get TWO plants to grow in FL.






This is one of the little lizards that keep me company outside. They change colors based on their surroundings. Also, some of them blow an orange bubble in their throat when they are 'talking' to their friends.

2 comments:

Earth blog said...

Hi there!

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Hi Brook has a Fuji Film 10mpx digital camera. It cost her under $200. It has a video feature. Her one complaint is that it can be a bit grainy. She is picky though. One feature she really likes is the lens cover that slides over.

Otherwise Canon have the reputation of being the best digital cameras. Nikons are known for their lenses. They are comparibly pricier.

Good Luck!
Kim