Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes and Doctors

It is Tax Day already! Where has all the time gone???? I've always done our taxes, some years I get them in early, some not. This year I started them in January only to have Del's company make a mistake on the W-2 form. After two tries, the corrected W-2 is correct and taxes are done. They go in the mail today. Another yearly milestone completed. Thankfully we get a refund which will help finance the rest of the adoption expenses.

Since we've moved I've been searching for a family doctor for us. It is so hard to use an insurance form to decide if the doctor listed is the right one for us. Finally, I just picked an office that sounded okay to me leaving it up to God. In order to travel to Liberia, you should take a prescription antibiotic along in case you get sick because there is an extreme shortage of everything in the medical field. Liberia desperately needs medical personnel, supplies, equipment, everything. We have an appointment at the end of the month with this local doctor. So it was very comforting to find out last night at the church ladies supper that the doctor we picked was being praised by another woman in the group who is a nurse herself. Besides the medical doc, I made appointments with a new dentist and a new eye doctor. Now I just need to find a chiropractor!

1 comment:

Nourishing Table Team said...

Hi Carolyn,
Thanks for stopping by our new nutrition blog. I posted a response to your question but wanted to make sure you got it, so I popped over here. Wow, you are one blessed mamma:o). Glad to hear you have found a doctor that comes with a good recommendation. I think antibiotics are definitely a good idea too.

Anyway, I use the Champion juicer (household model) and I purchased it at discountjuicers.com. I've had it for about 2 years and love it. HTH. Thanks for stopping by our nutrition blog.

Missy